Lucas James Estate Agents have a wide array of rental properties to suit everyone. The availability of rental properties are always displayed in our branches as well as advertised on our Website and the local press.
To register now please complete our enquiry form or alternatively telephone our branches at Blyth: 01670 361144 or Seaton Delaval: 0191 2370222
The Rental Process
- Register Your Interest - The first step to find the right property to rent is to register with us either by telephoning us or visiting one of our branches where you can discuss your property requirements. You can also register online by completing our Enquiry Form.
2. Finding the Right Property - Once we are aware of your property requirements we will match these with the properties we have available. We will also update you with any properties new to the rental market by e-mail or telephone that match your criteria.
3. Viewing a Rented Property - Viewings can be arranged for your convenience. We are open 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm on Saturdays. Due to demand for rental properties we recommend booking an appointment o view at your earliest convenience. We will accompany you on your viewing and advise on any questions you may have.
4. Securing a Rented Property - Once you have found a suitable property you will need to complete a Rental Application Form. A Holding Fee is payable to secure your chosen property. We will make enquiries on behalf of the Landlord via a selection of referencing checks.
5. Arranging a Move in Date Upon receipt of satisfactory references and Landlord approval a move in date is set. Prior to move in the Tenant will be required to pay a Bond/Deposit which is usually equivalent to one months rent. Before you receive the keys to your new home one months rent in advance must be paid. A legal agreement (Assured Shorthold Tenancy) will be signed by both tenant and Landlord which is legally binding.
6. Tenants Responsibilities The tenant is responsible for Contents Insurance for the property. The tenant is also responsible for looking after the property including payment of gas, electric, water and Council Tax. At the end of the Tenancy Agreement the tenant has to return the property in the condition it was prior to move in to enable them to receive their Bond/Deposit monies. An Inventory is taken of the property prior to the tenant moving in to determine the property condition.
7. Completion - Upon completion the tenant will receive a set of keys. Congratulations on your new home!